This program will use an online computer based program and other innovative methods of instruction to deliver a personalized educational program to at-risk learners who express the desire and demonstrate the need for non-traditional, flexible delivery of curriculum.
We have adopted the following belief statement:
• All students can learn.
• Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
• Students learn in different ways and should have a variety of instructional approaches available to support their learning.
• Course instructors, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
• Exceptional students require special services and resources.
• Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles and personal needs.
• Ongoing professional development of staff is vital.